The Great Lakes face a climate crisis. Amongst many pressing issues, we turn our focus to plastic pollution. Educating is a part of our mission at Forever Great - below you can learn more about these challenges.
- 22 million pounds of plastic enter the Great Lakes each year - and that number continues to grow
- This plastic never goes away - it simply breaks down into small pieces known as microplastics
- Microplastics are so small that we end up consuming them: Over 40 million people rely on the Great Lakes for drinking water
- Forever Great clothing is co-branded and created at the Recover HQ in North Carolina and finished in Guatemala and Haiti
- The plastic is shredded, melted down, strung out, and turned into clothing
- The Recover factories in Haiti and Guatemala support local communities with sustainable jobs and fair wages
- The Guatemala factory is powered by waste from the local forestry and coffee industry
Our clothing, stickers, and packaging follow sustainable practices. Our stickers are eco-friendly and our packaging is made with recycled plastic that can be recycled again. We are continuously improving our practices in order to minimize our footprint.